Exercise instructors

In 2013 PPL revised the tariff called Exercise to Music for the use of recorded music in exercise classes.

Exercise Instructors are only responsible for holding a valid PPL licence for any classes that they operate on premises other than Exercise or Fitness Centres (e.g. hired halls, community buildings, offices).

Exercise or Fitness Centre operators are now responsible for holding a valid PPL licence for exercise classes that take place within their premises.

For more information, download the Exercise to Music tariff details and read the FAQs at the bottom of this page. If you're looking to renew your licence, please email exercisetomusic@ppluk.com or call 020 7534 1070.