If you’re playing recorded music within an event or exhibition venue, concert hall, sporting stadium or other public event space, you will usually need a licence from both PPL and PRS for Music. We at PPL represent record companies and performers, while PRS for Music represents songwriters, composers and music publishers.

PPL’s licence means event organisers like you don’t have to contact each record company individually to obtain their permission to play recorded music from PPL’s vast repertoire.

The prices listed below are examples and should act as an indication of how much a licence could cost for concerts, exhibitions and venue events.  All prices below do not include VAT.