The simple act of switching on music can increase footfall, motivate your staff and encourage customers to spend more.
Independent MusicWorks research proves how music is something worth paying for:
- A third of customers are willing to pay 5% more in businesses that play music
- 74% of employees enjoy going to work more when music is being played, and a third are less likely to take time off sick
- More than half of customers spend more time in a shop that plays music
- 91% of those surveyed prefer a bar that plays background music – two-thirds said they would not return to their favourite bar if the music was turned off
- 81% prefer hair salons that play music
- 82% of gym users like to hear music as they work out
- Playing music in waiting rooms makes over three-quarters of people more relaxed
With a PPL music licence costing from as little as 18p a day, UK businesses are reaping the benefits of playing recorded music in public.
Please note, businesses that play music in public will, in most instances, require a licence from both PPL and PRS for Music. Find out more.
MusicWorks is a research project commissioned jointly by PPL and PRS for Music and conducted independently by Entertainment Media Research.
Discover more MusicWorks research.