9 UK music creators receive support to attend ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag) 2023 through PRS Foundation’s International Showcase Fund
• Supported artists include Big Joanie, Lucinda Chua and The Heavy Heavy
PRS Foundation, the UK’s leading charitable funder of new music and talent development, announces today that 9 UK artists are receiving support through the International Showcase Fund to perform at ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag), Groningen, the Netherlands from 18th January 2023.
The artists receiving support are:
- Big Joanie, (England) – performing at Blauwe Hemel on Friday 20th January at midnight
- CIEL, (England) – performing at Werkman College on Wednesday 18th January at 23:15
- Dea Matrona, (Northern Ireland) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 21:10
- Gallus, (Scotland) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 23:40
- Kymara, (England) – performing at Der AA-Theater on Thursday 19th January at 20:00
- Lucinda Chua, (England) – performing at DOT on Friday 20th January at 20:00
- O, (England) – performing at VERA on Wednesday 18th January at 20:45
- New Pagans, (Northern Ireland) – performing at Werkman College on Thursday 19th January at 21:50
- The Heavy Heavy, (England) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 20:20
International Showcase Fund supported New Pagans said, “This support provides us with the opportunity to create new partnerships with critical members of the European music industry at a critical point in our career.”
Westley Holdsworth, Grants & Programmes Manager at PRS Foundation said, “We’re delighted to be supporting these hugely talented export ready music creators to showcase at this year’s ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag) through our International Showcase Fund. This type of timely support is so important to remove the barriers for music creators to break into new territories at the right time and further develop their careers and talent.”
The full schedule of official showcases for artists supported by the International Showcase Fund, as well artists previously supported by PRS Foundation, is available on the PRS Foundation website.
The International Showcase Fund is run by PRS Foundation in partnership with Department for International Trade, Arts Council England, British Underground, Musicians’ Union, Creative Scotland, PPL, Wales Arts International, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Invest Northern Ireland. It offers vital and timely support for artists to take their first steps into international territories by enabling them to perform at key showcasing festivals and conferences such as Canadian Music Week, SXSW, Reeperbahn Festival, Zandari Festival, Womex, Eurosonic, Jazzahead and Mutek which attract thousands of people working in the music industry from every corner of the globe.
To find out more and to apply for International Showcase Fund visit PRS Foundation’s website.
In the fund’s report spanning 2013-16, 89% of supported artists returned from overseas showcasing with tangible business outcomes and every £1 invested by the International Showcase Fund generated an additional £8.90 in revenues for the supported artist. (Read the full report). Supported artists include, Dave, Kae Tempest, Little Simz, Everything Everything, SBTRKT, AJ Tracey, and Wolf Alice.